WEEK 1 PREDICTIONS

THIS_IS_DILLARD

1 hour ago, cribboy305 said:

why are we in here acting like central hasnt beaten them people before & only lost by a field goal off the post last time. what are we really talkin about here? venice the only one with some sense. SFA had they best squad EVER & central was not that good 2019. the west & chaminade beat them boys that year. SJB got em but it was 35-12, not no crazy blowout & central travelled. Again we talking about super privates. We in here acting like central got everything to prove when they don’t, it’s just another game & they will dominate. 

Its been proven when a well oiled dade county machine get rolling its no stopping it. 4 straight rings aint for nothin

But let’s be objective here …first things first chaminade was obliterated by BG last year, & let’s call it what it is just like Gorman is a super private Miami central is a SUPER PUBLIC. 

All of us in this chat know what central can do & have done but don’t mean we gotta kiss they ass & act as if they’re unbeatable & can’t get curb stumped come the next 2 weeks. 

the point still stands Miami central is 0-3 in their last THREE out of state games 1 home 2 away. 

if you’re not aware I picked central to win the game by double digits but it’s not a automatic win for them either it’s a possibility they lose which is what we’re talking about. Regular football talk. 

8 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

But let’s be objective here …first things first chaminade was obliterated by BG last year, & let’s call it what it is just like Gorman is a super private Miami central is a SUPER PUBLIC. 

All of us in this chat know what central can do & have done but don’t mean we gotta kiss they ass & act as if they’re unbeatable & can’t get curb stumped come the next 2 weeks. 

the point still stands Miami central is 0-3 in their last THREE out of state games 1 home 2 away. 

if you’re not aware I picked central to win the game by double digits but it’s not a automatic win for them either it’s a possibility they lose which is what we’re talking about. Regular football talk. 

Miami Central matches up better with Gorman than CMD does. They beat them once at their place and they would have done it again if not for a miracle tipped kick at the line of scrimmage leading to the football hitting the goal post. And 2017 Central was good, but this MC team is going to be leaps and bounds ahead of both teams that played Gorman. 

If the possibility remains that Central gets blown away, then why even bother saying that they are the best team in Florida and top 5 nationally? If they want to hunt down Mater Dei and SJB for the MNC, then they have to beat Gorman by 17 or more to shake some sense into these fools at Calpreps and Maxpreps. Central knows this so they will bring it. They are not getting blown out, they will be winning. 

48 minutes ago, Vero Indian said:

What if STA beats SJB and MC beats BG, whose win is bigger and who deserves no.1 in the nation status???

Well Central has Chaminade Madonna, Columbus and potentially American Heritage in the playoffs who's all ranked in the top 25 thus far.

St. Thomas has 

2 hours ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

Miami Central matches up better with Gorman than CMD does. They beat them once at their place and they would have done it again if not for a miracle tipped kick at the line of scrimmage leading to the football hitting the goal post. And 2017 Central was good, but this MC team is going to be leaps and bounds ahead of both teams that played Gorman. 

If the possibility remains that Central gets blown away, then why even bother saying that they are the best team in Florida and top 5 nationally? If they want to hunt down Mater Dei and SJB for the MNC, then they have to beat Gorman by 17 or more to shake some sense into these fools at Calpreps and Maxpreps. Central knows this so they will bring it. They are not getting blown out, they will be winning. 

I don’t see this game being a blow out either way, but describing the tip ball in the BG central game to me is reaching. That was a situational play.

let’s keep it real Miami central was the prohibited favorites in that game Gorman was on the road & they were fielding a team that was nowhere near their usual standard. No that central team isn’t this one even tho we don’t know what this central team is gonna be because they haven’t even played a down yet.

point is that central team was dam good with prospects all over and they won the championship that year. Coming into that game everybody in dade was screaming blowout until it wasn’t and BG won Idc if it was by a tipped ball or not BG shouldn’t have even been in the game let the 305 pundits tell it. 

1 hour ago, FBGUY1989 said:

Well Central has Chaminade Madonna, Columbus and potentially American Heritage in the playoffs who's all ranked in the top 25 thus far.

St. Thomas has 

Columbus is down this year. American heritage is extremely young and probably will be ousted b4 they even get to central. Central is even better this year while heritage got worst. 

Outside of BG chaminade is gonna be centrals biggest game on the schedule. 

33 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I don’t see this game being a blow out either way, but describing the tip ball in the BG central game to me is reaching. That was a situational play.

let’s keep it real Miami central was the prohibited favorites in that game Gorman was on the road & they were fielding a team that was nowhere near their usual standard. No that central team isn’t this one even tho we don’t know what this central team is gonna be because they haven’t even played a down yet.

point is that central team was dam good with prospects all over and they won the championship that year. Coming into that game everybody in dade was screaming blowout until it wasn’t and BG won Idc if it was by a tipped ball or not BG shouldn’t have even been in the game let the 305 pundits tell it. 

It wasn't going to be a blowout regardless. My point is that Central is 1-1 against Gorman currently and it would have been 2-0 if that defensive tackle didn't get his finger on the ball at the last second to deflect it out of harm's way. Notice how neither of those games took place at The Mecca, too? It was at Gorman the first time and then in Naples the second game. Does Bishop Gorman know that playing Central at The Mecca would affect the outcome? Just one of those things that makes you scratch your head and say hmmm... 

And Central will play a game before meeting Gorman. They'll take on Vanguard in the preseason. That should answer some questions going into the regular season.

3 hours ago, Vero Indian said:

What if STA beats SJB and MC beats BG, whose win is bigger and who deserves no.1 in the nation status???

STA with a win over SJB would start the season #2 behind Mater Dei. Assuming Central beats Gorman they would probably be #3, while SJB slides to the #4 spot with Gorman at 5. 

59 minutes ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

It wasn't going to be a blowout regardless. My point is that Central is 1-1 against Gorman currently and it would have been 2-0 if that defensive tackle didn't get his finger on the ball at the last second to deflect it out of harm's way. Notice how neither of those games took place at The Mecca, too? It was at Gorman the first time and then in Naples the second game. Does Bishop Gorman know that playing Central at The Mecca would affect the outcome? Just one of those things that makes you scratch your head and say hmmm... 

And Central will play a game before meeting Gorman. They'll take on Vanguard in the preseason. That should answer some questions going into the regular season.

Oh please vanguard is going to get hit worst then the which did in the wizard of oz lol. 

1 hour ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

That game will be over before it starts and will tell me nothing about central. 

as far as playing at the Mecca even tho a lot of greats have played on that field under those lights including me, let’s not act like playing there is some impossible daunting task. 

SFA played central at the Mecca & hung 50 plus on em , Miami central was also loaded that year & won the championship it’s just so happens those boys from Baltimore was that and then some.

and didn’t your Indians also go traz and hang 50 on a MNW team who was predicted to beat you guys 14+. 

I get it yes central is 1-1 vs BG but that win for central was in 2017 BG has the most recent what have you done for me lately win in 2021 idgaf if it was played in Cancun. 

point is when it comes to OOS games central is 0-3 in their last 3 attempts. We all know central is dam near an unbeatable force down here as of late but when it comes to them power houses up the road they give them rocboyz all they can handle. 

8 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

That game will be over before it starts and will tell me nothing about central. 

as far as playing at the Mecca even tho a lot of greats have played on that field under those lights including me, let’s not act like playing there is some impossible daunting task. 

SFA played central at the Mecca & hung 50 plus on em , Miami central was also loaded that year & won the championship it’s just so happens those boys from Baltimore was that and then some.

and didn’t your Indians also go traz and hang 50 on a MNW team who was predicted to beat you guys 14+. 

I get it yes central is 1-1 vs BG but that win for central was in 2017 BG has the most recent what have you done for me lately win in 2021 idgaf if it was played in Cancun. 

point is when it comes to OOS games central is 0-3 in their last 3 attempts. We all know central is dam near an unbeatable force down here as of late but when it comes to them power houses up the road they give them rocboyz all they can handle. 

2019 Central was far from being their best team ever, but they happened to be playing SFA's best team ever that year and it showed.  Not an apt comparison at all. 

On 8/9/2023 at 12:51 PM, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Bro once again, Lyghtz literally was out for 8 weeks after sjb. How were they the favorite without the starting qb? You definitely just talking. 

& Super public ? bro they in the middle of robin hood & coaches get a 900 dollar stipend. stop it. A power public yeah ofcourse but that aint just happen over night. Stop holding yo nuts cent been winning.

Regardless fam this aint 2021. and central still has kids from that game too so they aint forget that. 

On 8/9/2023 at 2:49 PM, VeniceIndianFan said:

2019 Central was far from being their best team ever, but they happened to be playing SFA's best team ever that year and it showed.  Not an apt comparison at all. 

Its clear he dont rock with the rockets fam. You cant even explain nothing to em, man said they were loaded 2019… They won state but thats cause they was in 6A that year by they self and didnt have to see the west in the playoffs. Being 0-3 against SFA SJB & BG IS NOT A BAD THING. Cant one school in florida besides img can say they even sniffed them opponents. 

13 minutes ago, cribboy305 said:

It’s clear he dont rock with the rockets fam. You cant even explain nothing to em, man said they were loaded 2019… They won state but thats cause they was in 6A that year by they self and didnt have to see the west in the playoffs. Being 0-3 against SFA SJB & BG IS NOT A BAD THING. Cant one school in florida besides img can say they even sniffed them opponents. 

Well remember that Central does have one win against Bishop Gorman that came in 2017. They had to stay out west for another week that year because of the hurricane. And beating IMG National at their house is basically the equivalent of an OOS victory because they have no excuse to ever lose a football game at the high school level. 

Miami Central is probably the best public football team in the country. The proof is that they are top 5 nationally while the other 4 teams (Mater Dei, SJB, Gorman, STA,) are all private. That speaks volumes about the level of football that goes on in Miami. 

34 minutes ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

Well remember that Central does have one win against Bishop Gorman that came in 2017. They had to stay out west for another week that year because of the hurricane. And beating IMG National at their house is basically the equivalent of an OOS victory because they have no excuse to ever lose a football game at the high school level. 

Miami Central is probably the best public football team in the country. The proof is that they are top 5 nationally while the other 4 teams (Mater Dei, SJB, Gorman, STA,) are all private. That speaks volumes about the level of football that goes on in Miami. 

I don't get it. Long Beach Poly, Southlake Carroll and Lakeland were all winning at one point but nobody or maybe I'm wrong was saying anything.

Now you have Miami Central and it seems everyone is up in arms about them winning. By the way all of these are public schools not private schools.

21 minutes ago, FBGUY1989 said:

I don't get it. Long Beach Poly, Southlake Carroll and Lakeland were all winning at one point but nobody or maybe I'm wrong was saying anything.

Now you have Miami Central and it seems everyone is up in arms about them winning. By the way all of these are public schools not private schools.

Jealousy springs eternal...

11 hours ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

Jealousy springs eternal...

You call it jealousy, I call it fairness.  Is it really in the spirit of HS football and fair play to continually tap into other schools to replenish your talent?  I'm not just criticizing Miami Central here but everyone who does this.  One or two transfers in can make a difference on a team and some of these teams get 20+ transfers in, which is bonkers.   If you put all of the best players on a single team and then win the title, I just don't get how you feel like you accomplished something by beating up the teams that don't do this?  Do you *really* feel good knowing you did it with rent-a-players?

It's kind of a vicious cycle we are in because if you don't do it you will not beat the privates or beat the other teams that are doing it.  I get that part too, I really do, but to call us who are critical of this process as "jealous" or "whiners" is wrong.  

13 hours ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

That doesn't actually serve as "proof". It's just a handful of opinions. (Of course the public school with the strongest recruiting footprint in the densest talent-rich metro area in the country is going to be among the top couple of public programs in the country. 

12 hours ago, FBGUY1989 said:

People are mad about the way these programs are ending up with players who were among the best on other schools' teams.