Seminole 

Cardinal Newman 

CCC

Armwood 

Venice 

Rockledge

Florida High 

AHP

Cocoa vs Treasure Coast - Cocoa has the better athletes. I expect they win by 14 or more.

Mandarin vs Lake Mary - Noah Grubbs lights up the scoreboard against Mandarin

Seminole vs Apopka - After a lot of thought, I have decided to commit Hari-Kari and go with Apopka by 1. FWIW, our QB and a key defensive player return Friday night. I am hoping we find enough offense to score twice and equally importantly not give the ball away deep in our territory, so that the D can make the necessary stops.  I believe @nolebull813 included this game in the competition to handicap my chances of winning it all!!:angry: 

Cardinal Newman vs MNW - Newman lost their QB in the Atlantic game. I am going with the Bulls to win this. 

CCC vs Carrollwood Day - Against my gut, I am taking the tried and true. 

Wharton vs Armwood - An angry Armwood storms back to win. 

Sar. Riverview vs Venice - Venice wins a tough, rivalry game.

Jax TC vs Rockledge - This one could go either way. I have a hunch the private school wins. 

Ocala Trinity Catholic vs FL High - Florida High wins comfortably. 

AHP vs Cardinal Gibbons - AHP dominates this one

Picks are bold underscored. 

NoleBull,

I'm catching up on my posts and had a thought:  it would be interesting to have a "new" contestant join the Pick Ems for the rest of the season.  That contestant would be . . . (drum roll, please), the FHSAA Power Ranking.  Pick each game solely based on which team has the higher power ranking as of that week.  So, if Hawthorne is playing Miami Central and Hawthorne has the higher power ranking, Hawthorne would get the nod to win.  

Just a thought. 

Oh, and no Thursday games this week, right?  So all picks due Friday?  By when?  5:00 or kickoff of first game?

20 minutes ago, Perspective said:

NoleBull,

I'm catching up on my posts and had a thought:  it would be interesting to have a "new" contestant join the Pick Ems for the rest of the season.  That contestant would be . . . (drum roll, please), the FHSAA Power Ranking.  Pick each game solely based on which team has the higher power ranking as of that week.  So, if Hawthorne is playing Miami Central and Hawthorne has the higher power ranking, Hawthorne would get the nod to win.  

Just a thought. 

Oh, and no Thursday games this week, right?  So all picks due Friday?  By when?  5:00 or kickoff of first game?

You keep talking like that and I’ll add a Wednesday game!!!!

1 hour ago, nolebull813 said:

Cocoa vs Treasure Coast

Mandarin vs Lake Mary 

Seminole vs Apopka

Cardinal Newman vs MNW

CCC vs Carrollwood Day

Wharton vs Armwood 

Sar. Riverview vs Venice 

Jax TC vs Rockledge 

Ocala Trinity Catholic vs FL High 

AHP vs Cardinal Gibbons 

I don’t know a lot about a few of these schools but I’ll go 

Armwood 

Venice

Rockledge

American heritage 

fl high

carrolwood day 

seminole 

Miami northwestern 

lake Mary 

treasure coast 

2 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I don’t know a lot about a few of these schools but I’ll go 

Armwood 

Venice

Rockledge

American heritage 

fl high

carrolwood day 

seminole 

Miami northwestern 

lake Mary 

treasure coast 

Lake Mary has the best QB I have seen at this stage of his career (sophomore) in the state of Florida in the last 25 seasons. And that includes QBs like Teddy Bridgewater and Tim Tebow.

But they also have a defense that has given up points to decent offenses. The Mandarin game could produce a basketball score. 

2 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Lake Mary has the best QB I have seen at this stage of his career (sophomore) in the state of Florida in the last 25 seasons. And that includes QBs like Teddy Bridgewater and Tim Tebow.

But they also have a defense that has given up points to decent offenses. The Mandarin game could produce a basketball score. 

Hmmm interesting where are they located ? Is this a predominantly black school or half and half ?

7 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

Cocoa vs Treasure Coast

Mandarin vs Lake Mary 

Seminole vs Apopka

Cardinal Newman vs MNW

CCC vs Carrollwood Day

Wharton vs Armwood 

Sar. Riverview vs Venice 

Jax TC vs Rockledge 

Ocala Trinity Catholic vs FL High 

AHP vs Cardinal Gibbons 

cocoa

mandarin

seminole

MNW

CCC

armwood

venice

TC

FL HIGH

heritage

1 hour ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Hmmm interesting where are they located ? Is this a predominantly black school or half and half ?

The best way to describe Lake Mary that would make sense to someone in south Florida, would be like one of the following schools: Parkland Douglas, Boca Raton, Wellington, or Miami Palmetto 20 years ago. 

Lake Mary is an upper middle income/affluent public school northeast of Orlando. Demographics would be probably more than 70% white with other ethnic/racial groups evenly making up the rest. With that said, they have a stable football program and generally has more talent than the schools I referenced except for modern day Palmetto. In the last five or so years, they have made the playoffs each year and have gotten to the Regional finals twice. They have also placed several kids in Power 5 programs. In the past, they have benefitted from Seminole High transfers. However, as the Seminole program has been consistently good, recently that pipeline has gone to a trickle. In fact, this year Seminole has a junior on their team (QB/RB/WR/Punter-he does everything) who transferred in from Lake Mary after his freshman year.  

This year, Lake Mary probably has its best team ever, as the QB Noah Grubbs, though a sophomore, started after game 1 last year and has a lot of experience at the position. He has 12 DI offers the majority of which are power 5 and include: Penn State, Miami, Norte Dame, Duke, Texas A&M, Virginia Tech, West Virginia and UCF. He has solid receivers to throw to, not Power 5 types, but at least 3 of them will likely play somewhere in college. They also have an experienced, solid Offensive Line. 

Their weakness is on defense. Front 7 are average to average + and the secondary is about the same. But they do have a solid kicking/punting game. There is a possibility they could go all the way to the title game if they remain healthy and manage to outscore the better teams they play. This would be a first in the school's 40+ year history.

1 hour ago, DarterBlue2 said:

The best way to describe Lake Mary that would make sense to someone in south Florida, would be like one of the following schools: Parkland Douglas, Boca Raton, Wellington, or Miami Palmetto 20 years ago. 

Lake Mary is an upper middle income/affluent public school northeast of Orlando. Demographics would be probably more than 70% white with other ethnic/racial groups evenly making up the rest. With that said, they have a stable football program and generally has more talent than the schools I referenced except for modern day Palmetto. In the last five or so years, they have made the playoffs each year and have gotten to the Regional finals twice. They have also placed several kids in Power 5 programs. In the past, they have benefitted from Seminole High transfers. However, as the Seminole program has been consistently good, recently that pipeline has gone to a trickle. In fact, this year Seminole has a junior on their team (QB/RB/WR/Punter-he does everything) who transferred in from Lake Mary after his freshman year.  

This year, Lake Mary probably has its best team ever, as the QB Noah Grubbs, though a sophomore, started after game 1 last year and has a lot of experience at the position. He has 12 DI offers the majority of which are power 5 and include: Penn State, Miami, Norte Dame, Duke, Texas A&M, Virginia Tech, West Virginia and UCF. He has solid receivers to throw to, not Power 5 types, but at least 3 of them will likely play somewhere in college. They also have an experienced, solid Offensive Line. 

Their weakness is on defense. Front 7 are average to average + and the secondary is about the same. But they do have a solid kicking/punting game. There is a possibility they could go all the way to the title game if they remain healthy and manage to outscore the better teams they play. This would be a first in the school's 40+ year history.

Lake Mary Pop Warner teams are powerhouses in that league. I believe their 12U team won a National title a few years ago and then their 14U team did too. I believe those kids were the same teams just moved up. So if Lake Mary keeps the local talent from the youth programs, this would be about the time all those kids would be in high school. So they should be formidable for the present time. No reason they can’t do what Seminole and Apopka have done in the area

12 hours ago, Perspective said:

NoleBull,

Just a thought. 

or throw the calpreps matchups in.

http://www.calpreps.com/cgi-bin/2023/project_matchup.pl