Baker Fans are Salty

peezy28

Baker always tends to be a little on the soft side.  They are well coached and are always good just not a lot of grit.  I was really surprised they got past Blountstown.  For this reporter to try and paint Pahokee as dirty is just sour grapes. To win the state championship you have to have skill and toughness and the hardest hitting team usually wins.

I went back and read newspapers article from last year when St. Joe knocked them out in the semifinals 42-13 it was written by a different and was not attacking the class(I think we all know what he was really talking about) of PSJ he did bring up questionable calls by the officials. I guess they can't accept that sometimes you run into a better team. But don't worry Pahokee the opinion of a newspaper reporter 700 miles away wont take any shine off that ring, congratulations.

Did anyone see the mess started by the Crestview Bulletin Reporter and his sore loser article?

Its been a isht storm on all social media outlets

http://www.crestviewbulletin.com/news/20161209/bakers-class-amp-heart-what-scoreboard-didnt-show

Worse than his article were the comments he made lol.  

"The comments are the ebodiment of what the article was talking about: NO CLASS FROM PAHOKEE! 

And from the lack of grammatical skills it shows how little the parents care about the education of their student athletes. It's not about race. Ya'll brought that up. No, it's about values. If you want to continue to reinforce negative stereotypes then go ahead, but your just holding yourselves and your children back. 

Morality in Pahokee is much like the water in Lake Okeechobee: drying up more and more every year."

Seriously?

Pahokee was not dirty however they were undisciplined and got several unsportsmanlike penalties after touchdowns for celebrations.  I think the author could have written this in a way to show how Baker had class, showed sportsmanship and fought to the end even in a loss with out taking a shot at Pahokee.  

There were only 2 unsportsmanlike like penalties after TDs. The running back did a dance and the LB dove into the end zone for the game clincher. Pahokee scores 3 other TDs earlier in the game. That's 2 kids that got caught up in the moment

Isn't that 2 too many?

Pahokee has had this issue before when they played Newberry for state championship, several players diving into the endzone on their blowout win if I remember correctly.

As a person who was in high school and living in the 561 during the Boldin Years, I know the talent that Pahokee has. 

As for the Baker article, a lot of sour grapes on their part, but no need to continue to comment for 50+ comments like the facebook article did. Just move on.

They are kids

Let them celebrate

This why i hate the NCAA and hope they are soon abolished

Those rich brats over at NCAA make these rules and i doubt Mark emmerit ever played a down and makes millions off those players risking life on the field and won't let them have any fun

Wow......risking life? Not allowed to have fun? C'mon Man! Think before you type!

Wow......risking life? Not allowed to have fun? C'mon Man! Think before you type!

Yeah risking life would you not consider a broken neck a life threatening injury?!!

And when i look at the celebration rules they are worse in college then the nfl

Nfl lets the players interact with the fans

College supposed to be "student athletes" but they not even allowed to celebrate with students after big plays without being penalized

These two paragraphs were had me eye-rolling a ton: 

The Baker fans who made the six-hour drive to Orlando never feigned enthusiasm despite their team never taking the lead. They kept up the words of encouragement and were on their feet for most of the game. Fans on the opposite side of the field, while cheering during Pahokee's big plays, stayed seated when things didn't go their way. 

Pahokee had possession with a minute left in the game and a two-score lead. Instead of taking a knee in victory formation, they attempted another scoring drive. At game's end, Baker was the first to line up for handshakes and stood waiting for several minutes for their opponents to do the same.

Hometown journalism at it's finest. As a Pahokee fan, I actually didn't find it that offensive. He did get this part right:

"Their game in Orlando was a different situation. The Gators were playing a Pahokee team that hit harder and ran faster than any opponent they had faced."

Speaking strictly on the game of football... That Baker team would have had "major" problems with Newberry, Trenton, Madison, Fort White and maybe Frostproof.

That is the what society is turning into today. He probably wants a participation trophy because he thinks they tried real hard. What he does is give the entire fan base a black eye and it looks bad. Baker got beat, plain and simple. If they played 10 times Pahokee probably wins 9. He needs to learn that Baker lost, time to get better not complain.

Yep they get a medal. My son was so upset at his teammates for getting their pictures taken and smiling with their runner medals after the loss last year. I guess I raised a sore loser lol.

Not really i would feel same way

If i got a runner up medal it would probably end up at the bottom of my closet since it would just remind me of being 1 game short