Who is your 1A Favorite Today

blackmagic

3 minutes ago, blackmagic said:

Due to IRMA I was able to travel around and see some teams I probably wouldn't normally see. Seen a few of the top teams in 1A and from what I have seen, there isn't a team that just looks dominate. Now I have not seen few down south teams or the far west panhandle teams yet. Just trying to see what you guys think.

So have you seen Madison County?

What's your opinion of Madison? I liked their QB from a year ago (don't know if he graduated), but they didn't give him many opportunities to throw the football. Defensively, they were ok, Pahokee should've won that game easily, by just running out of the I-formation, because Madison couldn't stop it.

They are a good team. Look like they had 40+ dress. Williston on dressed around 25. 

Qb still there. Only real passes they completed were tunnel screens, which were real successful verse Williston. The skill guys run hard. Williston just couldnt tackle. I expected them to be real dominate and look real dominate in the trenches, but they didnt to me. 

46 minutes ago, blackmagic said:

They are a good team. Look like they had 40+ dress. Williston on dressed around 25. 

Qb still there. Only real passes they completed were tunnel screens, which were real successful verse Williston. The skill guys run hard. Williston just couldnt tackle. I expected them to be real dominate and look real dominate in the trenches, but they didnt to me. 

I was kinda let down when Pahokee played them last season, because I expected them to be this dominant team, but they weren't. Their corners we good, but defensively they were average. Offensively, they try to use misdirection to get their backs free, but they weren't a dominating offensive team..in my opinion 

10 minutes ago, 561_Fan said:

I was kinda let down when Pahokee played them last season, because I expected them to be this dominant team, but they weren't. Their corners we good, but defensively they were average. Offensively, they try to use misdirection to get their backs free, but they weren't a dominating offensive team..in my opinion 

We play them in Madison on Friday so after that game I'll be able to fill you in on what i see

In fact i plan to live stream that game so you can watch it

Just now, Sharkbait said:

That is what is listed on their maxpreps page.  That may be including their jv but I was just going by what they had listed.

Maxpreps lists Apopka with 111. This includes: recent graduates, transfers out (including one out of state), kids that were never on Apopka's roster. It also excludes some current kids. Bottom line: Maxpreps is pretty inaccurate, at least for some schools. Not sure how they update the data, but it has flaws. 

9 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

We got to get through Lee first then we can prepare for Madison 

You can't put a game plan together in 2 days no matter if you're Saban, Harbaugh, or even Belichick.  You are going to need better players and hopefully they run similar schemes offensively and defensively as Lee.

7 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Maxpreps lists Apopka with 111. This includes: recent graduates, transfers out (including one out of state), kids that were never on Apopka's roster. It also excludes some current kids. Bottom line: Maxpreps is pretty inaccurate, at least for some schools. Not sure how they update the data, but it has flaws. 

MaxPreps is only as good as those that submit info. In some cases MP should check out the data they receive. 

1 hour ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Agreed. Especially since school takes precedence over sporting activities. 

11 hours ago, Sharkbait said:

You can't put a game plan together in 2 days no matter if you're Saban, Harbaugh, or even Belichick.  You are going to need better players and hopefully they run similar schemes offensively and defensively as Lee.

I agree to a extent 

Yes we probably can't put a full gameplan together but we will at least get to see what Madison does and can get ourselves conditioning and ready to take the field for the second time of the week