• Announcements

• Joshua Wilson

Rules of the Forums   09/02/2017

Please be sure to read the rules of the forums. This is only to help all of us have a good time and we want to keep this board as fun as possible. 
    • SportsNut25

Talking Other Sports   11/08/2017

For those interested in talking about other sports, you can talk about them here. 
Sign in to follow this  
84Tigergrad

Five of the Titusville area best players just transferred to Cocoa

4 hours ago, Perspective said:

What a coincidence that five players would all decide, independently and with no nudging, to transfer to the same high school.  B)

I think in some cases that peer pressure/influence is as big, if not greater a factor than "recruiting."  ...ie "Hey, let's all go to _____ next year and create a state championship team."   With all of the camps, 7-on-7 and social media today, there is a level of communication amongst the kids today that we have never seen before.   I am cautious not to underestimate the impact this could be having.

4 hours ago, Tigers13 said:

What year did Cocoa have 21 transfers?  I remember them having 10 one year?

2014 I think. They beat Bolles that year in the state championship. I remember three kids from AHP transferring in after a coach from there joined Cocoa’s staff. 

37 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

I think in some cases that peer pressure/influence is as big, if not greater a factor than "recruiting."  ...ie "Hey, let's all go to _____ next year and create a state championship team."   With all of the camps, 7-on-7 and social media today, there is a level of communication amongst the kids today that we have never seen before.   I am cautious not to underestimate the impact this could be having.

NAILED IT

1 hour ago, nolebull813 said:

Does Titusville have anything left? They went 0-10 and play some crappy New Jersey team this year. Does Titusville have at least one player who can play? 

Yes, Cris Collinsworth.....oh, that was Titusville Astronaut, and the year was 1975......never mind :) 

On 6/6/2019 at 7:24 PM, Jags904 said:

2014 I think. They beat Bolles that year in the state championship. I remember three kids from AHP transferring in after a coach from there joined Cocoa’s staff. 

AHP huh? Which coach and what players? They had a couple players transfer over from Palm Bay Heritage.

On 6/5/2019 at 11:32 PM, 84Tigergrad said:

Titusville astronaut best running back and receiver from a 10-2 team last year just transferred in and three  titusville Terriers best defensive player. Wow".

Cocoa just got one more transfer from Rockledge OL .

21 hours ago, KeemD321 said:

AHP huh? Which coach and what players? They had a couple players transfer over from Palm Bay Heritage.

Just what I heard, may be wrong. 21 players in total is correct tho right? 

I believe they had 10 total transfers in 2016. Of those, most were Seniors because they signed scholarships.  They did get 4-5 more in 2017 that were also Seniors

kids transfer to win Championship 

On 6/10/2019 at 12:00 AM, Jags904 said:

Just what I heard, may be wrong. 21 players in total is correct tho right? 

Not necessarily. Also some of those transfers started off at Cocoa and returned.