Jump to content

List of Spring Games


NHS Bob

Recommended Posts


4 hours ago, NHS Bob said:

I there a collection of Spring games?  Only 4-5 weeks away and I'm sure there are some pretty good games out there.

Full disclosure with admission of bias, but I think the OHS Kowboy game vs Edgewater on May 20th should be a good one with D1 prospects all over the field.  The Eagles feature one of the top 5 RB's in the nation in Cedric Baxter, Jr with over 50 offers displaying his skills against the talented Osceola D-line anchored by TWO 4* prospects in John Walker and Derrick LeBlanc, also with over 40 offers each.  These particular players are desired by all the top programs including Alabama, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Georgia, LSU, Notre Dame, Clemson, Texas A&M, Michigan, etc... as well as ALL the Florida Universities.  But each team has multiple players with numerous offers from D1 schools.  Should be a ton of talent on display, so stoked to watch. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/12/2022 at 7:38 PM, Ray Icaza said:

Full disclosure with admission of bias, but I think the OHS Kowboy game vs Edgewater on May 20th should be a good one with D1 prospects all over the field.  The Eagles feature one of the top 5 RB's in the nation in Cedric Baxter, Jr with over 50 offers displaying his skills against the talented Osceola D-line anchored by TWO 4* prospects in John Walker and Derrick LeBlanc, also with over 40 offers each.  These particular players are desired by all the top programs including Alabama, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Georgia, LSU, Notre Dame, Clemson, Texas A&M, Michigan, etc... as well as ALL the Florida Universities.  But each team has multiple players with numerous offers from D1 schools.  Should be a ton of talent on display, so stoked to watch. 

Anyone with a Texas AM offer is about to get rich.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, THAT S--T WAS FUNNY said:

After seeing the last few posts, I feel that I have transported to the past and landed on the flavarsity board. All that was missing was Silver King.

You have gotten access to my brains, wisdom, and humor on two different message boards? Talk about hitting the jackpot!  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Just read in the local newspaper that several Spring Games scheduled for Friday evening here in central FL have been moved up to Thursday evening due to a potential weather event on Friday.  It includes are upcoming game with Edgewater Eagles at our place now listed at 7:30 PM.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

Just read in the local newspaper that several Spring Games scheduled for Friday evening here in central FL have been moved up to Thursday evening due to a potential weather event on Friday.  It includes are upcoming game with Edgewater Eagles at our place now listed at 7:30 PM.

Shout out to the administrators for being proactive.  Much better to play the games a day early than risk bad weather on Friday and then having to cancel all the games. 

Plus, now all coaches have a built-in excuse for a poor performance Thursday night:  "Yeah, pushing the game up a day really threw us off our game plan . . . we weren't able to stick to our normal game-week prep schedule and, well, you saw how we played.   We were all off by a day . . . even the coaches were out of sync.    I can assure you this won't happen in the fall!"  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Perspective said:

Shout out to the administrators for being proactive.  Much better to play the games a day early than risk bad weather on Friday and then having to cancel all the games. 

Plus, now all coaches have a built-in excuse for a poor performance Thursday night:  "Yeah, pushing the game up a day really threw us off our game plan . . . we weren't able to stick to our normal game-week prep schedule and, well, you saw how we played.   We were all off by a day . . . even the coaches were out of sync.    I can assure you this won't happen in the fall!"  

Not an issue for Madison County, though. All teams that play them are trash. So even if they don’t get a game, they win vicariously through... well, I’ve never made it this far! :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Perspective said:

Shout out to the administrators for being proactive.  Much better to play the games a day early than risk bad weather on Friday and then having to cancel all the games. 

Plus, now all coaches have a built-in excuse for a poor performance Thursday night:  "Yeah, pushing the game up a day really threw us off our game plan . . . we weren't able to stick to our normal game-week prep schedule and, well, you saw how we played.   We were all off by a day . . . even the coaches were out of sync.    I can assure you this won't happen in the fall!"  

Initially I thought it was due to the fact that the 3 marquee games in central Fl were APK vs Lake Gibson, Lakeland vs Venice and Osceola vs Edgewater all scheduled for Friday (05/20) would make it difficult for recruiters to attend them all. Thus the move to Thursday which as I currently understand, all 3 have been moved for Thursday (05/19).  Looking at the bright side it is one day less WAIT:D.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...


  • Posts

    • FINAL: DILLARD 21 MONARCH 15 In a game that featured one team who was in the state semi game last year in monarch who got even better through the transfer portal in the last few months ; Vs a Dillard team with a 2nd year head coach who has a lot to prove coming into this season after a lack luster 2023 season.    OVERALL- this game had a feeling of a playoff game. Both teams played their starters well into the 4th quarter, add the big crowd for both teams, the hard hits & the bands going at it, it felt like a game with huge implications yet we are only in May.    In my early in the week predictions I had monarch winning this game 28-21 simply because in my opinion they had the better team and the better offense. More skill players & the better line play within the trenches.    THE GAME: monarch came out on their second possession moved the ball down Dillards throat to take a 7-0 lead, only to see dillard come back on their next drive and tie the game 7-7. after that it was pretty much all Dillard. The defense played way better than expected & the offense while have a few kinks to work out showed some signs of being able to be something special come august.    after jumping out 7-0 dillard scored 21 consecutive points to go up 21-7. The knights scored a TD with 2 min left to make it 21-15 but the panthers got 2 first downs to run out the clock to get the victory 21-15. OBSERVATIONS: Monarch is once again going to be very good this year. Their online and Dline is massive. Their 4* running back is one of the best in broward & their overall team is going to give a lot of teams fits.    DILLARD: the panthers are going to be a huge dark horse this year. They look to have another solid defense, they’re not massive in the trenches, but they have some dawgs and appear to be well coached.    with the off season to go , Dillard can turn some heads this season, and they proved that tonight with a good win over a quality inner city opponent. 
    • Solid win for a spring matchup between quality opponents.
    • Congrats on the win darter. 
  • Popular Contributors

×
×
  • Create New...