Any news on Columbia Football??

Nulli Secundus

55 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:
2 hours ago, Nulli Secundus said:

Does anyone have any information on what the Tigers return this season?  Will they be contenders?  Inquiring minds want to know?

Are you trying to bait a former poster?

Funny, I was wondering the same thing about Madison County.   B)

1 hour ago, LakelandGator said:

I kid you Naught, before church this morning I watched the LW/Columbia massacre, and the rained-shortened Lakeland/Armwood games from last season.  :lol:

I still haven't seen the LW/Columbia game.  I just saw the score updates and thought to myself, "WOW".  I felt bad as I told @Jullian that would be the game to watch in Polk County!

1 hour ago, Nulli Secundus said:

I still haven't seen the LW/Columbia game.  I just saw the score updates and thought to myself, "WOW".  I felt bad as I told @Jullian that would be the game to watch in Polk County!

I tried to link the game in my first reply but it won't let me. You can find it on youtube along with other Highlanders and Dreadnaughts games from 2022

47 minutes ago, LakelandGator said:

I tried to link the game in my first reply but it won't let me. You can find it on youtube along with other Highlanders and Dreadnaughts games from 2022

Maybe my search isn't comprehensive enough, but I've only been able to find LW/Columbia highlights but not the full game itself.

9 hours ago, Nulli Secundus said:

Does anyone have any information on what the Tigers return this season?  Will they be contenders?  Inquiring minds want to know?

On ScoreStream there’s a man who’s from Columbia. A big fan. He said Bartram  Trail beat em down in the spring game, bad. He said they’re young & called it a “rebuilding year.” Nit expecting much. 

Since Nulli started this ball busting thread and others have nicely carried it onward, any word on two of my favorite keyboard nemesis : Bulldog '87, and Dummer or (another name) ?  B'dog was a Deland High grad who's last post was a year or two ago, Drummer, an undersized New Jersey O-Lineman played for Bosco in the 1960's. He lived near Boca Raton in FLoor-a-duh. Haven't seen this elder gentleman post on any message board since Covid. Both had no problem raising my blood pressure. I wish death and destruction on no human being. But surely a little headache or inconvenience tossed upon this pair would have brightened any of my days.   :) 

5 hours ago, Dan in Daytona said:

Since Nulli started this ball busting thread and others have nicely carried it onward, any word on two of my favorite keyboard nemesis : Bulldog '87, and Dummer or (another name) ?  B'dog was a Deland High grad who's last post was a year or two ago, Drummer, an undersized New Jersey O-Lineman played for Bosco in the 1960's. He lived near Boca Raton in FLoor-a-duh. Haven't seen this elder gentleman post on any message board since Covid. Both had no problem raising my blood pressure. I wish death and destruction on no human being. But surely a little headache or inconvenience tossed upon this pair would have brightened any of my days.   :) 

Bulldog briefly resurfaced when a SB took over the Bulldogs program. I expect we will next be graced by him if Deland gets to the Regional finals or beyond. Regarding Drummer, I am thinking he may have passed on.

7 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Bulldog briefly resurfaced when a SB took over the Bulldogs program. I expect we will next be graced by him if Deland gets to the Regional finals or beyond. Regarding Drummer, I am thinking he may have passed on.

Darter, is the Drummer reference from a hear say or just a reasonable assumption on your part ?  

18 hours ago, Dan in Daytona said:

I legitimately asked about the Tigers.  As usual, leave it to a

Rabid Cat (aka @Dan in Daytona)
rabid-cat-perhaps-e1571550107357.jpg.web

to get it wrong.  That's ball-busting, lol.

My guess is Columbia goes 5-5, but makes the playoffs as district champion in a weak district.
Buchholz, Deland, Trinity Christian (Jax), Bolles, and Vero Beach will all be losses, potentially Madison County as well if MC can get back to their winning ways.

I don't think Columbia has the offense to be consistent enough to do much.
New and inexperienced QB, new an inexperienced OL, no RB. Defense will be fine, but no studs like the kid that went to UF. 

16 hours ago, Nulli Secundus said:

I legitimately asked about the Tigers.  As usual, leave it to a

Rabid Cat (aka @Dan in Daytona)
rabid-cat-perhaps-e1571550107357.jpg.web

to get it wrong.  That's ball-busting, lol.

The newbies are easily mislead, but this Big Game 'Cat  knows a "snake in the grass" when he reads his post or steps on one. I believe the stomping continues in November with the venomless Rattlers.