Could Pahokee be casualty #2 to the new playoff system

badbird

They play Seminole Ridge 7-1, Cocoa 6-0 and Glades Central 4-2 to end the season.  If the lose all 3 they will end with around 34 points and probably miss the playoffs.  If they lose to Seminole Ridge and Cocoa and beat Glades Central they will finish around 36-37 points and be on the bubble.  I don't think they lose al 3 but you have to admit there is a possibility. 

Here is the last updated ones and I don't feel like doing it for Friday's results.

39.25 Pahokee
38 Wildwood
37.67 Frostproof
37.2 Crescent City
36.6 Hawthorne
34.17 Williston

Seminole Ridge just lost 8-3 to Palm Beach Central. They're getting to the meat of their schedule. Went to overtime with Gardens last week (won). Lost to PB Central this Friday, and Pahokee up next.

...If Pahokee goes 0-3, then the wheels completely fell off..those 2 cancelled games (Cardinal Neman and Atlantic-Delray) look big now

6 hours ago, badbird said:

They play Seminole Ridge 7-1, Cocoa 6-0 and Glades Central 4-2 to end the season.  If the lose all 3 they will end with around 34 points and probably miss the playoffs.  If they lose to Seminole Ridge and Cocoa and beat Glades Central they will finish around 36-37 points and be on the bubble.  I don't think they lose al 3 but you have to admit there is a possibility. 

Here is the last updated ones and I don't feel like doing it for Friday's results.

39.25 Pahokee
38 Wildwood
37.67 Frostproof
37.2 Crescent City
36.6 Hawthorne
34.17 Williston

I think that as long as they dont lose to glades central they will be fine.... Hawthorne and frostproof play this friday and crescent city and wildwood suppose to play the following tuesday.  So thats 2 other loses in the top 5 of the region... But you are right.   If they do lose all 3 they may be out. 

10 minutes ago, MuckCityChamp said:

I wouldn't consider it a causality. If Pahokee loses all 3, then they don't deserve to be in, simple as that. Coaches picked the schedules. You schedules games with the mindset of winning. So get out there and do it. 

You are right.. If you schedule the games then its your fault if you do not win the games... But this point system was suppose to reward teams for taking shots at better teams.... But if you look at the quality of teams that Pahokee scheduled against , lets say, the teams that wildwood scheduled... Pahokee should be a lock in the playoffs over them..

I was looking at Dixie County vs Madison County schedule and points. There is no way they should be this close if you are suppose to be rewarded for scheduling tough.pp.thumb.png.2a914604e283365beed07fc9560c596a.png

21 minutes ago, MuckCityChamp said:

I wouldn't consider it a causality. If Pahokee loses all 3, then they don't deserve to be in, simple as that. Coaches picked the schedules. You schedules games with the mindset of winning. So get out there and do it. 

There has to be some benifit for playing a tough schedule. A team should be rewarded for that, not punished. Especially if they were competitive in the loss. The Pahokee/Vero game was a close game until the end. I think Pahokee was scheduled to play at least six 7A/8A schools this year. That's tough for any 1A school.

I understand where everyone is coming from. There will never be a perfect system. Someone will always get left out. Coaches just are going to have to better scouters going forward. You have 1. Check around for teams pervious record, 2. Look around to find 5A-8A teams that are in a district where they can have a decent record, but yet your team could compete with them. 3. Look at your own returning players to figure how competive you would be against those teams. It's all hit or miss. You have to root for the teams that you beat and the ones that beat you. 

Look at Glades Central's situation. Oakleaf,  Clewiston, and Boynton would have been quality wins. But, this season all 3 are struggling and hurting GC at the same time. 

Pahokee reached the #1 seed with a win over Gardens last week, but was really set to lose it the following week with playing Westpark that would have taken their average down. But, a Palm Lakes win over Olympic Heights, jumped PBL up to a Category 3, which added more points to Pahokee's win over them. So that may help keep PK on top of the region with the new totals are released. 

With that being said, the Muck Bowl will have a more powerful meaning than just bragging rights. That game can decide both teams playoff hopes or positions. 

Should've kept the districts. Only the district champ is guaranteed a playoff spot. The other spots would be given to teams with the highest points. That way, no team with a losing record gets into the playoffs. And districts like the one with Miami Central, Northwestern, and Carol City would sometimes get 3 teams in when all 3 have strong seasons.

52 minutes ago, 561_Fan said:

Should've kept the districts. Only the district champ is guaranteed a playoff spot. The other spots would be given to teams with the highest points. That way, no team with a losing record gets into the playoffs. And districts like the one with Miami Central, Northwestern, and Carol City would sometimes get 3 teams in when all 3 have strong seasons.

Lincoln is going to get in at most likely 3-7 this year.  They will win their district.   Also hypothetically a team could go 0-10 if they played ten top tier teams and make the playoffs in some regions.  Very unlikely to happen but it could if someone wanted to try that out.

Just now, Laid said:

Beating Seminole ridge basically locks pk in the playoffs

I would give Seminole Ridge a shot at home as they may be able to match Pahokee defensively in a lower scoring affair.  In the Muck, they are going to have their hands full and are probably going to have a real hard time generating points IMO.