Quantcast
Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
DarterBlue2

Let the Games Begin

Recommended Posts

As of now, each playoff team is 0-0. Many are full of hope, some justifiably, some not. During the course of the playoffs, there will be upsets, mistakes (both by the officials and players), and drama. In a few short weeks only 8 teams will be left standing.

But as of today, all teams have a chance and no doubt there will be upsets along the way. Going into last year's playoffs, aside from a few insiders, who would have thought Mandarin would be have won a state title? Yes, most of the titles will be won by favored teams (or at least teams generally thought to be in contention), but a few will be surprises. It is this unpredictability that fuels the drama, leads to the excitement.

Good luck to all the playoff teams in your quest for history! I will be in Daytona for all the large class games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, DarterBlue2 said:

As of now, each playoff team is 0-0. Many are full of hope, some justifiably, some not. During the course of the playoffs, there will be upsets, mistakes (both by the officials and players), and drama. In a few short weeks only 8 teams will be left standing.

But as of today, all teams have a chance and no doubt there will be upsets along the way. Going into last year's playoffs, aside from a few insiders, who would have thought Mandarin would be have won a state title? Yes, most of the titles will be won by favored teams (or at least teams generally thought to be in contention), but a few will be surprises. It is this unpredictability that fuels the drama, leads to the excitement.

Good luck to all the playoff teams in your quest for history! I will be in Daytona for all the large class games.

Gammmeeee daaayyyyyy!!! It’s a “BLACK OUT” for us tonight at Otis gray memorial stadium last time Dillard wore black jerseys was in 2000 before the older alumni had something to say & had it stopped ...will they return tonight for this home playoff run !??? We will find out... #GoPanthersGo!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

As of now, each playoff team is 0-0. Many are full of hope, some justifiably, some not. During the course of the playoffs, there will be upsets, mistakes (both by the officials and players), and drama. In a few short weeks only 8 teams will be left standing.

But as of today, all teams have a chance and no doubt there will be upsets along the way. Going into last year's playoffs, aside from a few insiders, who would have thought Mandarin would be have won a state title? Yes, most of the titles will be won by favored teams (or at least teams generally thought to be in contention), but a few will be surprises. It is this unpredictability that fuels the drama, leads to the excitement.

Good luck to all the playoff teams in your quest for history! I will be in Daytona for all the large class games.

Yep.  0-0.  New season.  Always fun when teams begin to mix it up with other teams from completely different areas.  It is all about matchups.  Survive and advance.  The only thing that will surprise me is if we have "all chalk."  The biggest reason Mandarin won the title last year was because they were way more physical than their opponents expected them to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, shredstar said:

Yep.  0-0.  New season.  Always fun when teams begin to mix it up with other teams from completely different areas.  It is all about matchups.  Survive and advance.  The only thing that will surprise me is if we have "all chalk."  The biggest reason Mandarin won the title last year was because they were way more physical than their opponents expected them to be.

With the new system you have teams now playing teams they probably never even heard of or ever played ..like Dillard we never even heard of Lely let alone play em same for ft Myers ‘ Naples ..hot of them two but never played em.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

With the new system you have teams now playing teams they probably never even heard of or ever played ..like Dillard we never even heard of Lely let alone play em same for ft Myers ‘ Naples ..hot of them two but never played em.

Yep. Which makes trying to predict any outcome of what a group of 15 to 17 year olds will do damn near impossible.  Most people's picks tonight will end up in the same dumpster that their NCAA brackets end up after day one each year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As for upsets, I really like two of the games that are taking place up here to go to the higher seed. Those are St. Augustine over Lee and Wekiva over Fleming Island.  St. Aug is solid and well coached while Lee is 100 percent erratic.  I am betting the Lee team that lost to Ribault shows up tonight at their dumpster fire of a field.  Fleming Island is completely untested and won a terrible district. They eked out a lot of wins against some average to bad teams. They fall into the category of cup caking their way to 9-0.   Wekiva should be able to handle them.  The rest of the games, I have no idea.  One thing though, I wouldn't discount Mandarin as some have done.  They have a large majority of underclassmen and are not quite as talented as last year, but they are still very physical and CB hasn't forgotten how to throw the ball.  Wouldn't be shocked at all if they went down there and won.  They seem to be very comfortable with traveling down I-4 and winning games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, shredstar said:

As for upsets, I really like two of the games that are taking place up here to go to the higher seed. Those are St. Augustine over Lee and Wekiva over Fleming Island.  St. Aug is solid and well coached while Lee is 100 percent erratic.  I am betting the Lee team that lost to Ribault shows up tonight at their dumpster fire of a field.  Fleming Island is completely untested and won a terrible district. They eked out a lot of wins against some average to bad teams. They fall into the category of cup caking their way to 9-0.   Wekiva should be able to handle them.  The rest of the games, I have no idea.  One thing though, I wouldn't discount Mandarin as some have done.  They have a large majority of underclassmen and are not quite as talented as last year, but they are still very physical and CB hasn't forgotten how to throw the ball.  Wouldn't be shocked at all if they went down there and won.  They seem to be very comfortable with traveling down I-4 and winning games.

Very true.  Line backers and strong safeties are their strength.  Two just left the house with a breakdown of what defense they are running tonight.   Hopefully the inexperience doesn't ceeep its head up and we have a great battle by both sides. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/8/2019 at 12:35 PM, shredstar said:

As for upsets, I really like two of the games that are taking place up here to go to the higher seed. Those are St. Augustine over Lee and Wekiva over Fleming Island.  St. Aug is solid and well coached while Lee is 100 percent erratic.  I am betting the Lee team that lost to Ribault shows up tonight at their dumpster fire of a field.  Fleming Island is completely untested and won a terrible district. They eked out a lot of wins against some average to bad teams. They fall into the category of cup caking their way to 9-0.   Wekiva should be able to handle them.  The rest of the games, I have no idea.  One thing though, I wouldn't discount Mandarin as some have done.  They have a large majority of underclassmen and are not quite as talented as last year, but they are still very physical and CB hasn't forgotten how to throw the ball.  Wouldn't be shocked at all if they went down there and won.  They seem to be very comfortable with traveling down I-4 and winning games.

Wow.

“Handle them”....

They sure didn’t do that.... you’re probably a week early on predicting a handling of Fleming Island  but Idk we’ll find out on Friday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Madison has less than 500 students enrolled. Where would that put them if they played according to numbers? 

Probably 1a. But they are not a 1A school. They game the system with a charter school whose students are still eligible to play for Madison and which servers to reduce numbers. But seriously, even if that enrollment was counted, they probably would not surpass 2a size (certainly would not be 5A). But in terms of talent, they pretty much have a lock on the lowest class. In this situation Gatorman's argument for promotion/demotion system holds currency. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Probably 1a. But they are not a 1A school. They game the system with a charter school whose students are still eligible to play for Madison and which servers to reduce numbers. But seriously, even if that enrollment was counted, they probably would not surpass 2a size (certainly would not be 5A). But in terms of talent, they pretty much have a lock on the lowest class. In this situation Gatorman's argument for promotion/demotion system holds currency. 

Problem was he said 1a would be exempt from promotion/demotion (which is bullcrap in my opinion)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cat_Scratch said:

3A maybe a little high or border line. They do play like a 4A school though.They should choose to play in at least 2A if not 3A.

No actually they are 3a numbers

 

 

Trinity Christian is around 490~ and Madison is at 570~

 

The 1a designation is rural and under 600 enrollment but had that not been in place they would be assigned to 3a

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Madison county is right at the 4a/5a cutoff if their bs is removed. The fhsaa shows itself as a corrupt organization by not correcting a clear circumvention of the rules. Congratulations Madison you can beat schools that actually are what 1a is meant to be. Crap like this and the transfer bs is exactly why there is a thread about playoff game attendance.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Phfootball9 said:

Madison county is right at the 4a/5a cutoff if their bs is removed. The fhsaa shows itself as a corrupt organization by not correcting a clear circumvention of the rules. Congratulations Madison you can beat schools that actually are what 1a is meant to be. Crap like this and the transfer bs is exactly why there is a thread about playoff game attendance.

This is Florida football. The 1A schools can man up or go independent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  



  • Posts

    • HornetFan, is the CFYFL an 8-on-8 football league. Also, on what fields and cities/towns does the league play it games? Thank you.
    • No problem, and you will find a lot of great perspectives on this message board Silver King.
    • Schools can afford to temperature check each player before every practice and game. All you need are a couple of the no-contact thermometers. If a player exceeds a pre-determined temperature, he sits. If he exhibits other symptoms, test the kid and have him sit out until he gets his results back. If he has covit-19, he quarantines until he tests negative. Same procedure for coaches. These kids have been playing football with each other since this virus shut down the schools; the shutdown only gave them more time to socialize and practice together, and they weren't being tested. If you shut football down, these kids will still play without supervision.
    • There are businesses all over this country that temperature check their employees each day before they can go to work. They require the employees to use hand sanitizer frequently and they practice social distancing in their establishments. Schools can do the same in the classroom, including requiring masks at all times. They can even put a plastic shield on each teacher's desk.if the kids are going to contract the virus, it will most likely be in the classroom from another kid that may be asymptomatic. Football players have been practicing in groups without coaches since schools were closed in March. They have not been wearing masks or practicing social distancing. They have been playing informal 7v7 games against other groups, all without adult supervision, and still we haven't heard of any serious outbreaks among teenagers. With supervised practices and games, adults can assure that players on the sidelines social distance and wear masks if deemed necessary. They don't need fans in the stands, but if limited to immediate family members, social distancing in the stands would not be difficult. These kids are going to play football this Fall; it can be organized and controlled by adults or they'll play pickup games among themselves, but they're going to play. If our government leaders and politicians can justify thousands of people protesting in the streets, shouting and spraying fluids all over the place, they can surely figure a way for 22 teenagers to play a game of football on a 40 by 100 yard football field. Take the politics out of this and let the kids play.
    • Wait there has actually been North Florida teams throwing TDs in a state championship? Must have been before I was born because for as long as I can remember whenever a North team makes the finals it usually ends with a SFL team steamrolling them lol
  • Who's Online (See full list)

    There are no registered users currently online

  • Popular Contributors

×
×
  • Create New...