Jump to content

Best chance for upset: MI, TBT, or PF? Why?


Jullian
 Share

Recommended Posts


23 minutes ago, Jullian said:

I know so little about PF, but know nuff bout Jesuit. Ditto MI & Central. TBT has a good defense & fire power on O. Played a pretty tough schedule. I think Titans have the best chance for an upset (20%?). 

Yeah these games it's impossible to pick bc it will be massive blowouts. 3 national teams vs 3 okay teams.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm going to go with Pine Forest, primarily because I know little about them and figure they may be better than any of us realize. But I don't give them much of a chance.

TBT's win over Lake Gibson was diminished some when I realized after the fact that LG played without Jevonte McClendon. He was a key part of their secondary, and could have made the difference in stopping the QB runs for TBT. LG also was without McClendon vs. Lowndes, which was the only other game LG got run on consistently. They had McClendon for both Lakeland games and Edgewater. IMO, the best Tech can do is what Edgewater did the last couple of years: lose but be competitive in the process.

Merrit Island is terribly outmanned and has no business being on the field with Central.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, skyway said:

I'm going to go with Pine Forest, primarily because I know little about them and figure they may be better than any of us realize. But I don't give them much of a chance.

TBT's win over Lake Gibson was diminished some when I realized after the fact that LG played without Jevonte McClendon. He was a key part of their secondary, and could have made the difference in stopping the QB runs for TBT. LG also was without McClendon vs. Lowndes, which was the only other game LG got run on consistently. They had McClendon for both Lakeland games and Edgewater. IMO, the best Tech can do is what Edgewater did the last couple of years: lose but be competitive in the process.

Merrit Island is terribly outmanned and has no business being on the field with Central.

Central going for state record 77 points plus

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jullian said:

I know so little about PF, but know nuff bout Jesuit. Ditto MI & Central. TBT has a good defense & fire power on O. Played a pretty tough schedule. I think Titans have the best chance for an upset (20%?). 

TBT has the best chance. They have Edgewater 2109 and 2020 talent. But I fear that Edgewater had better coaching and they did not get over the hump despite giving STA several moments of serious concern. 

I have watched Pine Forest on video twice, including the Jones game. They are solid, but at best (and I stress at best) no better than MNW which was, frankly, outmanned by Jesuit. So, I don't give them much chance. 

Merritt Island is a solid team, but like Lake Minneola last year will likely be just outmanned. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

TBT has the best chance. They have Edgewater 2109 and 2020 talent. But I fear that Edgewater had better coaching and they did not get over the hump despite giving STA several moments of serious concern. 

I have watched Pine Forest on video twice, including the Jones game. They are solid, but at best (and I stress at best) no better than MNW which was, frankly, outmanned by Jesuit. So, I don't give them much chance. 

Merritt Island is a solid team, but like Lake Minneola last year will likely be just outmanned. 

They have Edgewater 2109 talent!!!  Do you have a time machine Darter?:D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

LOL, I should have said equivalent talent. 

I'm serious please look at 2019 madison county they have games on YouTube.  And hudl talent wise they matchup with anyone in Florida except img academy. I understand that madison did not play Lincoln or Niceville who gave Edgewater everything.  But they beat crestview who beat Lincoln badly and lost to Niceville close.  Lakewood almost beat booker t Washington that season.  Madison lost to lakewood in over time. Crestview head coach said madison was second best team they played.  Madison was loaded big on the offensive line and deep at running back. 2 great recivers and a very great defense.  2019 madison was very special.  42 points per game. Best offensive team in Florida. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Jesse said:

Central can get their buddy they put 62 on Escambia 

If they give up enough points so as to avoid a running clock- as Central did with Escambia until late 4th quarter- perhaps. I don't see Merritt Island scoring enough to avoid the running clock by the 3rd quarter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i watched pine forest in the regional final against mosley. they are a physical team but lack having any high end talent and are very one dimensional on offense. the quality of their schedule is much weaker than what jesuit has played. i  was surprised they beat jones but that only happened because jones couldnt convert an extra point in the last minute. I expect jesuit to win easy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I love that a team from my city made it back to state but I don't see Pine Forest winning. I'll be happy if it's close and I think their defense keeps it respectable (within 21). I have a hard time believing the offense will be able to move the chains consistently against a bigger, disciplined defense. I'd have a lil more faith in them if they could throw the ball but it is indeed a one dimensional offense. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, uncleluke23 said:

I love that a team from my city made it back to state but I don't see Pine Forest winning. I'll be happy if it's close and I think their defense keeps it respectable (within 21). I have a hard time believing the offense will be able to move the chains consistently against a bigger, disciplined defense. I'd have a lil more faith in them if they could throw the ball but it is indeed a one dimensional offense. 

Pine Forest rich bc they fans spending hundreds on a huge blow out game.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/14/2021 at 8:43 PM, DarterBlue2 said:

TBT has the best chance. They have Edgewater 2109 and 2020 talent. But I fear that Edgewater had better coaching and they did not get over the hump despite giving STA several moments of serious concern. 

I have watched Pine Forest on video twice, including the Jones game. They are solid, but at best (and I stress at best) no better than MNW which was, frankly, outmanned by Jesuit. So, I don't give them much chance. 

Merritt Island is a solid team, but like Lake Minneola last year will likely be just outmanned. 

It turned out Pine Forest had the best chance. After they struggled to beat Jones, I did not think they had a shot at undefeated Jesuit. Little did I know they were going to give them a huge scare. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share



×
×
  • Create New...