gatorman-uf

4 hours ago, h8r said:

some sheer ridiculousness going on

take this one for example

Auburndale 4A 2 7
Jones (Orlando) 
Lake Region (Eagle Lake)

Lake Wales

now why in the heck would downtown orlando have to travel to the middle of polk county and nowhere.  

that is awful, to see lake wales and jones battle, not awful.  lots of dudes on the field.

or this one

Forest (Ocala) 6A 2 6
Horizon (Winter Garden)
Lake Minneola 
South Lake (Groveland)

how in gods name did ocala forest travel all the way to clermont/orlando, passing 

this district

Evans (Orlando) 6A 1 4
Lake Howell (Winter Park)
Oviedo 
Wekiva (Apopka) 

the sheer intelligence of the fhsaa seems to be one nobody would understand.  

they literally put all the teams in order of attendance records and said ok, yall are kinda close in distance, boom.

the rockledge one with all the daytona schools is just as ludacris

what a joke

Actually the Rockledge district isn't too ludacris knowing that they were in that very same type of district before. Check the mid 2000s and 90s. They were in districts that included New Smyrna and Seabreeze as well. Even when I played for Rockledge we had Seabreeze. So it's not far off from the old districts. Only difference is there aren't any Brevard teams in it due to enrollment and no Jones in district 

1 hour ago, Tigerskin said:

Well looks like the fhsaa took care of certain teams they want in the playoffs and stuck the knive in other teams. Fhsaa might have to adjust because their is going to be teams leave which will leave some 2 team’s districts.

3 of the schools they stuck a knife in was Fort White, Union County, & Williston. 3 traditional rural schools that are now in a loaded 1A. 

12 hours ago, KeemD321 said:

Actually the Rockledge district isn't too ludacris knowing that they were in that very same type of district before. Check the mid 2000s and 90s. They were in districts that included New Smyrna and Seabreeze as well. Even when I played for Rockledge we had Seabreeze. So it's not far off from the old districts. Only difference is there aren't any Brevard teams in it due to enrollment and no Jones in district 

That's the Ludacris part......no local teams and drive to the Daytona area to play all your games....who wants to do that on a Friday afternoon. 

15 hours ago, Dr. D said:

That's pretty much how an enrollment-based system works. 

Thanks capt obvious.

Point being, it's a tattered and broken system that needs revamped, considering 2016 was the last time this specific way of doing things was done....

Fhsaa never let's us down with their forward thinking!  Oops....I mean backward thinking....

No, enrollment-based classification was used as recently as 2021, before the last two years of Metro-Suburban.  So we have complaints about Metro-Suburban, complaints about enrollment-based, complaints about mandatory district play.  And anyone thinks there's a chance of coming up with a system that makes 500 schools happy?  But I'll agree with your last paragraph. 

1 hour ago, h8r said:

That's the Ludacris part......no local teams and drive to the Daytona area to play all your games....who wants to do that on a Friday afternoon. 

It's happened multiple times before and they've traveled all over Florida and to other states. Plus they are still gonna schedule local teams for out of district. Literally 3 district games and I'm sure 2 will be home

17 hours ago, h8r said:

Hey, you got a problem with honky-tonk bars, Dollar Stores, and a 100 pump gas station featuring a "Wall of Beef Jerky ?" ( at $33 a lb. )  Geez, you just can't please folks these days. 

.....not to steal the thread, but speaking of $ 33 dollar a pound beef jerky, Publix has been selling beautiful marbled Rib Roast at $ 9.99 lb. the last couple of weeks. Got a $ 60+ one the other day. Hand cut six boneless Rib Eye/Delmonico steaks ready for the grill. Life doesn't get any better..... 

9 hours ago, Dan in Daytona said:

.....not to steal the thread, but speaking of $ 33 dollar a pound beef jerky, Publix has been selling beautiful marbled Rib Roast at $ 9.99 lb. the last couple of weeks. Got a $ 60+ one the other day. Hand cut six boneless Rib Eye/Delmonico steaks ready for the grill. Life doesn't get any better..... 

Just like an alley cat to go off topic, lol!:lol:

On 12/23/2023 at 8:53 AM, Dr. D said:

No, enrollment-based classification was used as recently as 2021, before the last two years of Metro-Suburban.  So we have complaints about Metro-Suburban, complaints about enrollment-based, complaints about mandatory district play.  And anyone thinks there's a chance of coming up with a system that makes 500 schools happy?  But I'll agree with your last paragraph. 

No.  However, going to one class in 2026 will be an eye-opener and blueprint for the nation.  We will get to see how many larger schools have no business playing football, and how many small schools punch above their weight.  ;) 

I hope y'all know Jax tca is do to win another ship soon , don't have 9 for no reason!

We have been one of the most dominant schools since the 2010s started when my team  won state.

Playing the top Miami schools. Playing top Georgia school. Playing top washington st schools and so on ... Sending multiple players to top d1 schools and the NFL. 

having multiple 1# dbs in the nation  coming form us  and more.. 

I just fell like y'all be leaving us out sometimes  as a rop program in Florida consistently!

52 minutes ago, JaxTCA2010stateCHAMP said:

I hope y'all know Jax tca is do to win another ship soon , don't have 9 for no reason!

We have been one of the most dominant schools since the 2010s started when my team  won state.

Playing the top Miami schools. Playing top Georgia school. Playing top washington st schools and so on ... Sending multiple players to top d1 schools and the NFL. 

I just fell like y'all be leaving us out sometimes  as a rop program in Florida consistently!

Hope they get another series started with Cocoa. Know if they'll make a return trip to Brevard to play Rockledge next season?

4 hours ago, JaxTCA2010stateCHAMP said:

What does Trinity have coming back?

23 hours ago, smashmouth80 said:

What does Trinity have coming back?

I'm not sure yet ... I'll let you know in a few months... I think we got off track a little bit because we had a 5star qb ... And we switched up the offense to cater to him .... He's gone now .. and I  think we have a sophomore qb  now , but that means we're gonna get back to really trinity football, witch is putting the best athletes in any position no matter what to win!!!! We didn't do that this year ....the year trinity played IMG on ESPN  we had the #9 wr in the country ( dj Matthews ) but he played qb most of the season that year . We won state that year and any year B4 that it was the same when we won state !!!

2 hours ago, JaxTCA2010stateCHAMP said:

I'm not sure yet ... I'll let you know in a few months... I think we got off track a little bit because we had a 5star qb ... And we switched up the offense to cater to him .... He's gone now .. and I  think we have a sophomore qb  now , but that means we're gonna get back to really trinity football, witch is putting the best athletes in any position no matter what to win!!!! We didn't do that this year ....the year trinity played IMG on ESPN  we had the #9 wr in the country ( dj Matthews ) but he played qb most of the season that year . We won state that year and any year B4 that it was the same when we won state !!!

Looking at your roster you had a lot of Seniors , you better get some transfers for skill and line because no way you getting passed Chaminade

I like this model much better than last metro suburban bs. You get the same complaints about easy districts and tough ones but the elite teams really dont care. They are stockpiled with talent so boo hoo. We should have 2 fewer divisions but it still better than last 2 years of major leagues and minor ones.