Jump to content

Madison County vs Hawthorne


Dan in Daytona
 Share

Recommended Posts

Jesse, good luck with your Cowboys Saturday night. I've been to Boot Hill once and it wasn't a pleasant experience. Oh the fans were fine and hospitable, but Madison beat my Buccaneers in a late afternoon game and it was a long ride back home. Have seen you guys play many times (Tally, Gainesville, Deland, Daytona, Orlando). Always rooted for your Cowboys and Coach Coe. Hope you get #6 this weekend. Live Stream- 7pm, Spectrum Cable 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


An observation. I re-watched the Madison - Hawthorne 2020 playoff game. Anyone who states that Hawthorne is not a very good team doesn't know what they are talking about. IMO Hawthorne manhandled Madison in that game even though the score was close. If Hawthorne is anywhere near as good as the 2020 team, and Madison is not a heck of a lot better team than in 2020, Hawthorne will manhandle Madison just as bad as they did Pahokee 3 weeks ago 51-12. For Jesse's sake I am hoping that Madison is indeed a better team than in 2020. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Proseteye said:

An observation. I re-watched the Madison - Hawthorne 2020 playoff game. Anyone who states that Hawthorne is not a very good team doesn't know what they are talking about. IMO Hawthorne manhandled Madison in that game even though the score was close. If Hawthorne is anywhere near as good as the 2020 team, and Madison is not a heck of a lot better team than in 2020, Hawthorne will manhandle Madison just as bad as they did Pahokee 3 weeks ago 51-12. For Jesse's sake I am hoping that Madison is indeed a better team than in 2020. 

Yes Man they are they can run the ball better.  2 1000 yard rushers. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Yes Man they are they can run the ball better.  2 1000 yard rushers. 

Madison County is the favorite and they very well may win, but don’t think for a second that Hawthorne is going to just lay down and die if Madison manages to score first. They have a really good offensive line that will allow them to run the ball hard early and give their quarterback time to survey the field. Hawthorne has a solid d-line, although maybe not as strong as last year still really physical and can provide Madison with problems early if they buy the hype and think this win is going to be easy. 

I also don’t understand why people think Madison is going to blow out Hawthorne. If either team runs away with this game it’s going to be Hawthorne. They have yet to lose a game all year and have not looked like a typical 1A school. They’re going to give the Cowboys all they can handle and are certainly expecting a win. Good luck to both sides here. Looking forward to a great game!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Madison County is the favorite and they very well may win, but don’t think for a second that Hawthorne is going to just lay down and die if Madison manages to score first. They have a really good offensive line that will allow them to run the ball hard early and give their quarterback time to survey the field. Hawthorne has a solid d-line, although maybe not as strong as last year still really physical and can provide Madison with problems early if they buy the hype and think this win is going to be easy. 

I also don’t understand why people think Madison is going to blow out Hawthorne. If either team runs away with this game it’s going to be Hawthorne. They have yet to lose a game all year and have not looked like a typical 1A school. They’re going to give the Cowboys all they can handle and are certainly expecting a win. Good luck to both sides here. Looking forward to a great game!

Hawthorne is overrated garbage regardless if they keep it close. They play nobody until they play vanguard or dunnellon or some good ill give them respect . Just beating madco ain't enough,  they still trash to the entire state and to central North Florida.  A transfer loaded 1A school.  Can't produce nothing. Anyway we will see, buy Hawthorne is and will always be overrated trash . Just like sorry baker and Jefferson county and trenton.  Teams with few titles ain't doing sh*t now or ever. Oh yeah after madison wins every shut up about other 1a teams okay 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Hawthorne is overrated garbage regardless if they keep it close. They play nobody until they play vanguard or dunnellon or some good ill give them respect . Just beating madco ain't enough,  they still trash to the entire state and to central North Florida.  A transfer loaded 1A school.  Can't produce nothing. Anyway we will see, buy Hawthorne is and will always be overrated trash . Just like sorry baker and Jefferson county and trenton.  Teams with few titles ain't doing sh*t now or ever. Oh yeah after madison wins every shut up about other 1a teams okay 

You are going to look awfully silly if Hawthorne takes Madison to the woodshed tonight. If Hawthorne can overwhelmingly defeat both Madison and Pahokee they are certainly not overrated or trash (your words). Don't know where you derive your analysis from? Just seems like a case of disrespect and resentment to me. ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

You are going to look awfully silly if Hawthorne takes Madison to the woodshed tonight. If Hawthorne can overwhelmingly defeat both Madison and Pahokee they are certainly not overrated or trash (your words). Don't know where you derive your analysis from? Just seems like a case of disrespect and resentment to me. ;)

I don't like teams that duck good teams. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, smashmouth80 said:

I'm sorry. I just found this funny since you root for the team that found a loophole to play schools smaller than them but you don't like teams that duck teams lol

Did you see madison schedule. Do they need to Play miami central or something to let u know they not ducking nobody.  Bc Florida high,  rickards 6A runner up , yeah Valdosta.  Can your team beat or play them

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not having Fleming. Cost madison 2 games, he really  beast I have his highlights on hudl or his facebook.. you would see the speed , plus strength and cut back ability he truly is a premier running back. He would kill hawthorne or Florida high. Someone please look him up I'm not lying.  It makes me mad elite talent leaving madison not fair.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share




  • Posts

    • With me you know that you will always get a solid, straight answer that you can take to the bank and exchange for cash! In fact, it is same to assume that most message board posters would agree with the quote "That Jambun82 knows what he is talking about" You're welcome for that Perspective.  
    • Thanks Jambun (and thanks for the correction on PF vs UNS).  But, I guess it's like my Momma always told me:  "Officials are like a box of chocolates . . . you never know what you're going to get."  
    • Perspective, the foul would be an Unsportsmanlike Conduct penalty, not a Personal Foul penalty. Obviously, every official has a different level of tolerance for an objection to a call by a coach or player. The NFHS rules states that a UNS Conduct foul by a non-player includes, but is not limited to, disrespectfully addressing or trying to influence a decision by an official. That is very broad, as you would already know in legalize terms. Certain Coaches reputation procedes them, and the language used by the coach has an effect obviously. Good Head Coaches will instruct their assistant coaches not to voice any objections or complaints to the officials, and a good sideline official will mention to the Head Coach in the pregame that he/she only wants to communicate with the Head Coach. I suppose that the situation comes down to the individual officials tolerance level, with good officials realizing and respecting that Coaches spend all week preparing for a emotional game where circumstances will come up where leeway should be given, and not everything is black and white. It is a fine balancing act.  
    • Jambun, I had to laugh when I read the phrase that the team who got penalized for the PF "must have voiced some sort of objection."   So, with that in mind, and recognizing that all officials have different tolerance levels, what's the general rule of thumb for when words and/or actions rise to the level of a personal foul?   Clearly, coaches voice their displeasure with calls (and non-calls) all the time without triggering a PF.  What's the trigger?   Curse words?  Volume level?  Continuing beyond a certain point (i.e., after the official looks over and says "that's enough, Coach")?  Do you/officials tend to give a coach a little more leeway if you/they start having reservations about the call in dispute? Last, and looking at it from the other side of the issue, what's the most effective way a coach can communicate to an official that he 'respectfully disagrees' with the call that just got made/missed?   
  • Who's Online (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
  • Popular Contributors

×
×
  • Create New...