Quantcast
Jump to content

Lakeland, Vero and Dillard......


Recommended Posts

I've seen 3 Lakeland games ever where they looked totally lost.

1. STA 56-7

2. Plant 46-9

3. Armwood game last Friday

 

Armwood game was the worst one bc the teams were so evenly matched. L had the best RB and refused to use him. #21 is also a hell of a back. I'm just shocked at Castle's faith in an avg QB against one of the best defenses and best secondaries in the state.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Lakeland was afraid of the Armwood rush D and the size of their lines. By the time they realized they need to stick to what works it was too late 

But really, it wasn't too late. The entire 4th quarter (and maybe some of the 3rd) they were within 2 scores. One big Bowman run makes it a one score game. While I understand the need to "open it up" and pass a lot, I think they gave the impression they weren't going to call ANY more running plays. Especially with Bowman placed up in front of the QB and thus no chance to be handed the ball. At least reserve the right to run a draw etc.

That said, looking at the film of Bowman's TD run, I think a hold could have been called on Arian Smith there. So, they couldn't have felt great about any of their play calls. I guess they were thinking they would be doing a lot of stuff they haven't shown all year. In reality, strictly from a play-calling point of view, they ended up looking a lot like all of the other teams Armwood played. They sparingly (or not at all) ran their more unique formations. I think they played into Armwood's hands.

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, skyway said:

But really, it wasn't too late. The entire 4th quarter (and maybe some of the 3rd) they were within 2 scores. One big Bowman run makes it a one score game. While I understand the need to "open it up" and pass a lot, I think they gave the impression they weren't going to call ANY more running plays. Especially with Bowman placed up in front of the QB and thus no chance to be handed the ball. At least reserve the right to run a draw etc.

That said, looking at the film of Bowman's TD run, I think a hold could have been called on Arian Smith there. So, they couldn't have felt great about any of their play calls. I guess they were thinking they would be doing a lot of stuff they haven't shown all year. In reality, strictly from a play-calling point of view, they ended up looking a lot like all of the other teams Armwood played. They sparingly (or not at all) ran their more unique formations. I think they played into Armwood's hands.

Too late. They were shook. They let little brother Tampa Bay Tech come whoop them up only to escape alive. Them big bro came to finish the job. 

Lakeland dont want nothing Hillsborough is cooking!!!!!

i still remember when James Wilder Jr was dragging Lakeland linebackers into the end zone in a running clock laugher 

Lakeland needs to petition the FHSAA on how to not have to go West on I-4!!!!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was be even there in 09 when Lakeland was undefeated and beat state Champ DLS,California. 

Plant came into Lakeland on that chilly night and with the stadium at capacity, watched Plant give them a 3 touchdown home loss to think about for the Christmas break. 

Then in 2010, Plant sealed the coffin. 

Last year Lakeland rose from the dead, and this year, Armwood put the stake in their heart. 

RIP Lakeland 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nolebull813 said:

I was be even there in 09 when Lakeland was undefeated and beat state Champ DLS,California. 

Plant came into Lakeland on that chilly night and with the stadium at capacity, watched Plant give them a 3 touchdown home loss to think about for the Christmas break. 

Then in 2010, Plant sealed the coffin. 

Last year Lakeland rose from the dead, and this year, Armwood put the stake in their heart. 

RIP Lakeland 

I loved that chili 2009 game. I got some great shots of Wilder while I was standing in the corner of the end zone and he was dragging the entire Lakeland defense in with him.

 

but it's a little dramatic to say that there's a stake in lakeland's heart. They're still a great program. let's face it both Armwood and Lakeland are probably top 5 in Florida it just wasn't Lakeland's night. If this game was played at Bryant, probably a different result.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, 181pl said:

No they didn't. They played N. Gwinnett on the road. Played B-dale (twice, once in season and in the playoffs), Tech, Gaither, Chamberlain, and Wiregrass; all playoff teams. Plus, they beat Plant, who almost qualified and who nobody thought would be mediocre prior to the season. So 9 of their 13 games have been against playoff opponents. This is far from an easy schedule. They also played two 5 & 5 squads in Jefferson and Plant City. They're only real cupcake game was East Bay, who ended up 2 and 8.

I was being sarcastic, since there are some who no doubt would debate their schedule was easy...along with 98% of all other teams in the state who don't play multiple nationally ranked teams. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

I was being sarcastic, since there are some who no doubt would debate their schedule was easy...along with 98% of all other teams in the state who don't play multiple nationally ranked teams. 

And how many nationally ranked teams are there in Florida? And teams don’t get nationally ranked playing I ranked scrubs from the state the are in for the most part...and to be honest most school districts can’t afford to send a football team to another state to play a football game

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2019 at 6:43 PM, Jimmyb1980 said:

And how many nationally ranked teams are there in Florida? And teams don’t get nationally ranked playing I ranked scrubs from the state the are in for the most part...and to be honest most school districts can’t afford to send a football team to another state to play a football game

Here’s the thing. South Florida powers always have a hard time finding games. It takes them till the summer sometimes. 

Vero could find a SFL power to play them any year they wanted. They don’t want to. I think the coach likes to rack up easy wins. Some coaches are like that. Bill Castle comes to mind. Kramer from Naples. Ft Myers. 

Vero will never win state with their current coach. He doesn’t do anything to get them to the next level. They are stuck in neutral 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

Here’s the thing. South Florida powers always have a hard time finding games. It takes them till the summer sometimes. 

Vero could find a SFL power to play them any year they wanted. They don’t want to. I think the coach likes to rack up easy wins. Some coaches are like that. Bill Castle comes to mind. Kramer from Naples. Ft Myers. 

Vero will never win state with their current coach. He doesn’t do anything to get them to the next level. They are stuck in neutral 

This is the truth and Chaminade is a cherry pick too or Vero put money in their pocket so that they can make themselves look good against Chaminade

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

Here’s the thing. South Florida powers always have a hard time finding games. It takes them till the summer sometimes. 

Vero could find a SFL power to play them any year they wanted. They don’t want to. I think the coach likes to rack up easy wins. Some coaches are like that. Bill Castle comes to mind. Kramer from Naples. Ft Myers. 

Vero will never win state with their current coach. He doesn’t do anything to get them to the next level. They are stuck in neutral 

Vero ran from Glades Central we wanted to play but they was scared lol

Link to post
Share on other sites

The truth is Vero doesn’t have the athletes or any type of feeder program up this way...Vero isn’t talented enough top to bottom to win an 8a state championship unless an immense amount of luck happened! The truth is they are a consistently good program just not a top tier program...I’m not delusional when it comes to Vero but I don’t think getting smashed by STA or IMG or even some of the elite Dade programs is going to help the program get any better! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/22/2019 at 9:58 PM, nolebull813 said:

Need to schedule tougher!!!!! 

They are playing seasoned teams who seen it all. Them cupcakes get you fat and out of shape!!!!! 

 

 

On 11/25/2019 at 10:21 AM, Nulli Secundus said:

Aw Nole! Don’t sell out like that. Save the rhetoric for after Hillsborough gets to state AND actually wins. 

Damn!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/25/2019 at 4:20 PM, nolebull813 said:

Too late. They were shook. They let little brother Tampa Bay Tech come whoop them up only to escape alive. Them big bro came to finish the job. 

Lakeland dont want nothing Hillsborough is cooking!!!!!

i still remember when James Wilder Jr was dragging Lakeland linebackers into the end zone in a running clock laugher 

Lakeland needs to petition the FHSAA on how to not have to go West on I-4!!!!!!!

LOL!  It's too bad Hillsborough County won't be going East on I-4, North on I-75 and West on I-10.  I really expected HC to get one school to the ship. SMH...

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/25/2019 at 4:20 PM, nolebull813 said:

Too late. They were shook. They let little brother Tampa Bay Tech come whoop them up only to escape alive. Them big bro came to finish the job. 

Lakeland dont want nothing Hillsborough is cooking!!!!!

i still remember when James Wilder Jr was dragging Lakeland linebackers into the end zone in a running clock laugher 

Lakeland needs to petition the FHSAA on how to not have to go West on I-4!!!!!!!

Idiot

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/27/2019 at 11:06 PM, nolebull813 said:

Here’s the thing. South Florida powers always have a hard time finding games. It takes them till the summer sometimes. 

Vero could find a SFL power to play them any year they wanted. They don’t want to. I think the coach likes to rack up easy wins. Some coaches are like that. Bill Castle comes to mind. Kramer from Naples. Ft Myers. 

Vero will never win state with their current coach. He doesn’t do anything to get them to the next level. They are stuck in neutral 

  It is too bad a lot of Central Florida and North Florida teams do not schedule South Florida teams. I think many South Florida teams would travel to play decent Central and North Florida teams, Cocoa and Rockledge.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I will take Lakeland's 28 straight years in the playoffs, 6 state championships in those 28 years and a 60 game regular season winning streak as well as a 53 game winning streak over a few teams who can on occasion say...we beat Lakeland once or twice in our history. 

Hillsborough isn't  cooking anything worth eating...

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/30/2019 at 11:28 AM, Cat_Scratch said:

  It is too bad a lot of Central Florida and North Florida teams do not schedule South Florida teams. I think many South Florida teams would travel to play decent Central and North Florida teams, Cocoa and Rockledge.

It's the economics of it. If you do a home and away you know you will have a terrible gate for that game, plus the huge expense on the away side. What for???? If your from the panhandle it makes more sense to play a team from AL or MS economics wise. With the panhandle districts like they are now (larger) there are also not a lot of weeks open for these types of games. Also the increase in expenses with the 4 hour travel to a couple of district games a season and the terrible gate when they are heading this way have tightened everyone's budget. It is not always not wanting to play these type of games it is there not being enough to gain to justify paying for it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/28/2019 at 6:42 PM, Jimmyb1980 said:

The truth is Vero doesn’t have the athletes or any type of feeder program up this way...Vero isn’t talented enough top to bottom to win an 8a state championship unless an immense amount of luck happened! The truth is they are a consistently good program just not a top tier program...I’m not delusional when it comes to Vero but I don’t think getting smashed by STA or IMG or even some of the elite Dade programs is going to help the program get any better! 

You are exactly right. They don’t have the talent to win 4-5 games in 8A with the current coaching staff. They’d need a total overhaul with a great coach to do it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/23/2019 at 3:44 PM, OldSchoolLion said:

Concerning the "tough schedule=success theory,"...Booker T Washington should have blown Glades Central out of the water last year in the playoffs, and lost.  Likewise, BTW should have coasted to victory in the 2016 playoffs, and didn't.  Plenty of other examples out there.

The law of diminishing returns applies when it comes to scheduling.    

 

I know this is off topic and all but Blown out the water Mr. Lion????? It was just time for BTW to lose to us. If it were to be a  blowout, it would happened or at least another lost for us. We wanted more than them. 

 

Now if we could just get Cocoa 

 

2013:40-18 win 

2014: 35-7 win

2015: 35-21win 

2016: 47-30 win 

2017: missed the playoffs 

2018: 18-16 loss

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, A-Town561 said:

I know this is off topic and all but Blown out the water Mr. Lion????? It was just time for BTW to lose to us. If it were to be a  blowout, it would happened or at least another lost for us. We wanted more than them. 

 

Now if we could just get Cocoa 

 

2013:40-18 win 

2014: 35-7 win

2015: 35-21win 

2016: 47-30 win 

2017: missed the playoffs 

2018: 18-16 loss

 

 

My point was simply that if one believes the tougher the schedule the better a team will be come playoff time, that same person likely would have believed that BTW could have beaten just about anyone....and they didn't.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/30/2019 at 12:28 PM, Cat_Scratch said:

  It is too bad a lot of Central Florida and North Florida teams do not schedule South Florida teams. I think many South Florida teams would travel to play decent Central and North Florida teams, Cocoa and Rockledge.

I think Osceola scheduled Columbus this year and lost like 21-17?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...


×
×
  • Create New...